The UK government’s Department for Transport has issued new guidance related to walking, cycling, and travelling in vehicles or on public transport during the coronavirus outbreak.
The guidance details the rules and restrictions related to travel within the three tiers: medium alert, high alert and very high alert. It also provides advice on precautions to take while travelling, as well as social distancing guidance, social contact and face coverings.
Advice on car sharing is also included, with confirmation that car sharing is permitted if it “is reasonably necessary as part of your work”. Guidance on reducing the risk of transmission in these cases is provided.
- Travel over the festive period
- Private cars and other vehicles
- Public transport
- Taxis and private hire vehicles
- Aviation, ferries and maritime transport
- Travelling abroad
- Travelling from England to other UK nations
- Guidance for transport operators