A 2020 Volvo luxury sedan is top when it comes to vehicle technology, according to the American Automobile Association.
The vehicle earned the top score in the AAA’s first edition of the newly-released AAA Car Guide, which provides consumers with reviews based in part on how many advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) are included in the vehicle, as well as a number of other criteria.
The 175-page guide includes comprehensive, easy-to-read reviews of each vehicle which are based on 13 criteria, including braking, fuel economy, emissions, handling, ride comfort, acceleration and the number of ADAS safety features.
“With an increasing number of vehicles equipped with advanced safety features, we thought consumers would benefit from an in-depth review of how they stack up with other driving criteria,” said Greg Brannon, AAA’s Director of Automotive Engineering and Industry Relations.
Other recognized vehicles include:
- Overall – 2020 Volvo S90 T8 E-AWD R-Design (plug-in hybrid)
- Small – 2019 Nissan Leaf SV Plus (electric)
- Midsize – 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE (hybrid)
- Large – 2020 Volvo S90 T8 E-AWD R-Design (plug-in hybrid)
- Pickup – 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 2WD Crew Cab SLT (diesel)
- SUV/Minivan – 2019 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited (plug-in hybrid)
- Best Under $30,000 – 2019 Honda Insight 4-door Touring (hybrid)
- Best $30,000-$50,000 – 2019 Kia Niro EV EX Premium (electric)
- Best Over $50,000 – 2020 Volvo S90 T8 E-AWD R-Design (plug-in hybrid)
Winners, detailed evaluation criteria, vehicle reviews and an in-depth analysis of the ADAS technology can be found at aaa.com/carguide.