Remember remember the fifth of November! And also remember remember these quick safety tips for keeping yourself and your loved ones safe while traveling this Bonfire Night.
- Avoid driving wearing wellington boots or chunky footwear. If you’re driving to a fireworks display and want to wear warm footwear, stick to sensible, flat, shoes for the drive and change into warmer footwear when you get to your destination
- Keep your eyes on the road—not on fireworks that are going off around you
- Be prepared to encounter pedestrians (including lots of excited children), especially as you approach venues that are holding Bonfire Night events
- Ask passengers to help you stay focused by keeping the noise down and not pointing out fireworks as you drive
- If you are taking fireworks with you, store them in a safe container in the boot of your vehicle
- Leave pets at home to avoid them becoming agitated by fireworks during the trip
- Plan a sober ride home before you set off. If you intend to drive home, don’t drink any alcohol