The award was given for Nestlé’s advanced fleet safety management strategy supported through its insurance captive and including a global road safety committee, gap analysis, data, coaching and the online Virtual Risk Manager software.
The image shows the award being presented to Nestlé Head of Group Risk Andrew Bradley by Stephen Cross, Chief Innovation Officer, Aon Risk Solutions & Chairman, Aon Global Risk Consulting.
The program led to the following positive results:
- Focus on drivers’ coaching and local management engagement.
- Reduced cost of risk for motor fleet.
- Reduced claims frequency.
- Reduced average claims cost by insured vehicle.
- Reduction of fatalities, injuries & collisions.
- Created shared value by improving Nestlé’s bottom line over the long term while committing to improve people’s safety worldwide.
To achieve these results, the program overcame the following challenges:
- Implementing a global strategy.
- Data privacy.
- Overcoming the ‘sales versus safety trade-off’ perception.
The award judges’ comments were:
- Very innovative, ground breaking approach.
- Whilst the concept of using a captive to encourage effective risk management is not new, the sheer scale and scope of this project makes it stand out.
- Excellent use of data and risk management tools.