Supporting ETSC’s PRAISE project
Collaboration to reduce at-work driver risk
We have worked hard to support ETSC and collaborate with its Preventing Road Accidents and Injuries for the Safety of Employees (PRAISE) project.
Now in its second phase PRAISE, which has received support from the European Union and several partner organisations, has produced a range of resources for organisations covering topics such as:
- Managing the Road Risk of Van Fleets.
- The Business Case for Managing Road Risk at Work.
- Work Related Road Safety Management Programmes.
- Driving for Work: Managing Speed.
- EU Social Rules and Heavy Goods Vehicle Drivers.
- Road Safety at Work Zones.
- Minimising In-Vehicle Distraction.
- Safer Commuting to Work.
- Fitness to Drive.
- Fit for Road Safety: From Risk Assessment to Training.
- How Can In-Vehicle Safety Equipment Improve Road Safety at Work?
- Case studies of good practice fleets.
All these resources, and a range of other good practice guidance, access to regular events and road safety award schemes, are freely available from the ETSC link at the end of the page.
The European Union has brought many benefits to the region in terms of peace, prosperity and stability over the last 50 years or so, and ETSC's PRAISE initiative is a great example of pan-European collaboration that has achieved very good results. Since the beginning of the project, the number of road fatalities across the EU region has fallen from approximately 34,000 per annum to 26,000 – an indication of the significant steps made in road safety during that time.