Telematics-based technologies provide driver managers with detailed driver behavior information, but how can this data be used to effectively change driver behavior for good?
During this webinar, eDriving’s VP of Risk Engineering, Jim Noble, discusses the advantages of using a scoring methodology to assess driver performance, help you to understand why some drivers have persistently low scores, and share techniques for acting on data insights to achieve long-term performance improvement.
What You’ll Learn:
- The advantages of telematics-based scoring
- Why some drivers have persistently low telematics scores
- How where someone drives affects how they drive
- The impact of company culture on driving habits
- How to leverage telematics insights to improve driver attitudes and behaviors for good