On the 9th December 2014 His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent presented ‘The Nestlé Global Road Safety Program’ with an award at his Annual Awards Luncheon Ceremony held at The Savoy, London on Tuesday 9th December.
The Prince Michael International Road Safety Awards are presented to individuals, companies or organisations in recognition of their outstanding contribution to improving road safety.
Prince Michael’s judging committee commented that the Nestlé program was: “Very impressive and one of the highest standards seen in international corporations”.
They also suggested that it is: “An outstanding example to other businesses” and a “world class example of how a business should manage its occupational road risk”.
The Nestlé road safety initiative, which is now in its 10th year, is focused on:
- Road safety committee, key process indicators and fleet safety tool kit developed for countries and business units entering the program.
- Driver, vehicle and journey safety built into Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Standard.
- Online driver risk assessment, monitoring and improvement process embedded across 40,000+ drivers in 70+ countries and 35+ languages.
- Standards developed for supplier fleets, with increasing focus on emerging regions.
- Industry leadership through good practice sharing initiatives.
The award was received on behalf of Nestlé by Head of Group Risk Services, Andrew Bradley, SHE Project Manager, Simar Preet Kahlon, and UK Group Safety Advisor, Gary Dripps, at the showpiece event, attended by about four hundred of the leading road safety professionals from around the globe.