We work closely with universities in the USA, UK and Australia to ensure that our products are research-led and independently evaluated. This research-led approach makes our work unique among fleet providers scientifically sound, objective and effective as possible. It has already assisted many organizations around the world to 1) understand all the important legal, societal, business and cost reasons why managing and mitigating road risk is important, 2) review their progress to date, 3) quantify the full extent of their exposures, and, 4) implement targeted interventions intended to minimize their risk.
All the following publications are available on request. Please contact Andy Cuerden Andy.Cuerden@edriving.com for more information.
60. Darby P, Talboys T & Murray W. Using data for road safety in Logistics. Logistics & Transport Focus. Volume 18 (1), January 2016, p39-44.
59. Murray W, Watson B, King M, Pratt S & Darby P. Applying the Haddon Matrix in the context of work-related road safety. Paper published in the proceedings of the second international conference on Occupational Safety in Transport. Surfers Paradise, Queensland, 18-19 September 2014.
58. Bradley A, Dubens E, Murray W, List N. At work travel safety – the Nestlé global case study. Paper presented at the LRN conference, University of Huddersfield, 3-5 September 2014.
57. Wallington D, Murray W, Darby P, Raeside R & Ison S. Work-related road safety: Case study of British Telecommunications (BT). Transport Policy. Volume 32, March 2014, P194–202. Click here
56. Sochon P, Stuckey R & Murray W. Corporate road safety: a unique opportunity to reduce the road toll through integrated Government policy. Australasian College of Road Safety Conference – A Safe System: The Road Safety Discussion Conference. Adelaide, 6-8 November 2013.
55. Stuckey R, Pratt S G & Murray W (2013) Work-related road safety in Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States of America: an overview of regulatory approaches and recommendations to enhance strategy and practice. Journal of the Australasian College of Road Safety. Vol 23 (3), p10-20.
54. Murray W, Sumpton P & Ellison D. A chip off the old block. Award winning site safety: McCain Foods Case Study. Logistics Focus. March 2013. Volume 15 (3), P56-60.
53. Darby P, Quddus M, Ison S, Raeside R & Murray W. The Influence of Managers on fleet vehicle crashes: an application of mixed multilevel models (13-3577). Paper presented at the 92nd Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., January 13-17, 2013.
52. Pratt S and Murray W. Transposition of EU directives related to occupational road safety by three member states. Paper presented at the Occupational Safety in Transport Conference, Gold Coast, September 20, 2012.
51. Snow, T, Murray W & Dubens, E. Implementing a Successful Global Driver Safety Program: The Pfizer Case. Paper presented at the American Society of Safety Engineers Safety 2012 Conference, Denver June 3-6 2012.
50. Bonales E, Dubens E & Murray W. Driver risk assessment, monitoring and improvement for at-work drivers in Latin America. Paper invited for presentation at the 30th Congress of the International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH), March 18-23, 2012, Cancun, Mexico. Click here
49. Darby P, Quddus M, Murray W, Raeside R & Ison S. The Use Of Crash Clustering To Inform Fleet Road Safety (12-1722) . Paper presented at the 91st Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., January 22-26, 2012.
48. Wallington D, Murray W, Darby P, Raeside R & Ison S. Work-Related Road Safety: Case Study of British Telecommunications (12-1196). Paper presented at the 91st Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., January 22-26, 2012.
47. Darby P, Quddus M, Raeside R, Ison S and Murray W. The influence of managers on fleet vehicle crashes: An application of mixed multilevel models. Paper presented at the 44th Annual UTSG Conference. University of Aberdeen, 4-6 January 2012.
46. Murray, W., White, J., Ison, S. Work-related road safety: A case study of Roche Australia. Safety Science. 50 (1), January 2012, P129-137. Click here
45. Darby P, Quddus M, Murray W, Raeside R. & Ison S. Evaluation of Fleet road safety interventions. Paper presented at the 90th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, DC, January 2011.
44. Pratt S, Murray W, Townsend E and Jackson L. Occupational Road Safety Worldwide: Lessons for Research, Policy, and Practice. Poster presented at the World Conference on Injury Prevention & Safety Promotion. 21-24 September 2010, London, doi:10.1136/ip.2010.029215.300
43. Murray W, Darby P, Ison S & Wallington D. Sustaining work-related road safety in the supply chain: Case study of British Telecommunications. Paper presented at the Logistics Research Network Conference, Harrogate, 8-10 September 2010.
42. Murray, W. Taking an OHS-led approach to work-related road safety: Research, Policy and Practice. Journal of the Australasian College of Road Safety, November 2010, Vol 21 (4), p32-35
41. Murray W and Watson B. Work-related road safety as a conduit for community road safety. Journal of the Australasian College of Road Safety, May 2010, Vol 21 (5), pp 65-71.
40. Murray W, White J and Dubens E. Work-related Road Safety Good Practice Collaboration: Case Study of Roche Australia. Paper published in the proceedings of the 2009 Australasian Road Safety Research Education and Policing Conference. Sydney 11 November 2009. Shortlisted for the Peter Vulcan Award for Best Research Paper.
39. Murray W, Dubens E and Rea M. Work-related road safety: good practice case studies from around the world. Paper published in the proceedings of the ACRS Road Safety 2020: Smart Solutions, Sustainability, Vision conference, Perth 5 November 2009
38. Murray W, Ison S, Gallemore P and Nijjar H. Effective Occupational Road Safety Programs: A Case Study of Wolseley. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board. ISSN: 0361-1981, Volume 2096 / 2009, DOI 10.3141/2096-08, P55-64
37. Murray W. Evaluating Occupational Road Safety Programmes: A Process and Outcomes Based Approach. Paper presented at the 74th RoSPA Road Safety Congress, Blackpool, 24 February 2009
36. Murray W, Pratt S, Hingston J & Dubens E. (2009). Promoting Global Initiatives for Occupational Road Safety White Paper: Review of Occupational Road Safety Worldwide (Draft)
35. Murray W, Ison S, Gallemore P and Nijjar H. Effective occupational road safety programs: A case study of Wolseley. Paper 09-1327, presented at the 88th Annual Transportation Research Board Meeting, January 11-15, 2009
34. Murray W. Anti-lock braking systems (ABS). Journal of the Australasian College of Road Safety. Vol 19 (3) August 2008, p18-20
33. Murray W, Stearns D, Henderson K and Sheppard P. Creating a Crash-free Culture in New Zealand – work-related road safety conference report and CD, July 2008
32. Darby P, Murray W and Raeside R. Applying online fleet driver assessment to help identify, target and reduce occupational road safety risks. Safety Science 47 (2009) 436–442
31. Murray W. Post collision escalation process. Research report and templates published by Interactive Driving Systems, May 2008
30. Murray W and Keeler C. Fleet Safety Benchmarking best practice cases. Research report published by Interactive Driving Systems and Brake, based on the Fleet Safety Benchmarking Workshop, London, 16 January 2008
29. Murray W and Pratt S. Sources of Data on Occupational Motor Vehicle Crashes: An International Review. Paper presented at the 9th World Conference on Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion, Merida, Mexico, 15 -18 March 2008
28. Murray W. Innovations in Work-related road safety. Keynote paper presented at the Creating a Crash Free Culture management workshops, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, 12-14 March 2008
27. Murray W and White J. Occupational Road Safety case study: Roche Australia cuts risks, collisions and costs. Journal of the Australian College of Road Safety. August 2007, Vol 18 (3), P28-29 22.
26. Murray W, Faulks I and Watson B. Targeting road safety interventions at young workers and family members through the workplace. Paper presented at the Australasian College of Road Safety’s 2007 conference, ‘Infants, Children and Young People, and Road Safety’, Sydney, 2-3 August
25. Cuerden A and Murray W. Work-related road safety benchmarking. Research report supported by Zurich, British Telecom and Brake. ISBN: 1 901 080 18 8, 2007
24. Murray W and Sheppard P. Work-related road safety in New Zealand. Research report published by the Department of Labour, with the support of ACC, the Ministry of Transport, AA Driver Education Foundation and Tranzqual ITO, April 2007
23. Murray W. Worldwide Occupational Road Safety (WORS) Review Project. Prepared for the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, USA, April 2007
22. Dubens E, Bacon M, Bradley A, Poonaji I and Murray W. Saving lives and money – the global road safety challenge in a changing world. Paper published in the proceedings of the Zurich Risk Engineering Global Workshop, Frankfurt, September 2006
21. Rea M, Murray, W, Darby, P, and Dubens, E. Comparing IT-based driver assessment results against self-reported and actual crash outcomes in a large motor vehicle fleet. Proceedings of the Road Safety Research, Policing and Education Conference, Perth November 2004
20. Newnam S, Watson B and Murray W. Factors predicting intentions to speed in a work and personal vehicle. Transportation Research, Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 7(4-5), 287-300, 2004
19. Murray W. Highway Code Research Report. October 2004, www.highwaycode.net
18. Cuerden A and Murray W. Driving Lessons: managing road safety, Safety and Health Practitioner, May 2004, P48-51
17. Murray W and Rand D. Company Vehicle Incident Reporting and Recording (CoVIR). Department for Transport Road Safety Report 31, 2003
16. Murray W, Newnam S, Watson B, Davey J and Schonfeld C. Evaluating and improving fleet safety in Australia. Australian Transport Safety Bureau Research Report, 2003
15. Murray W. Improving fleet fuel economy. Croner Road Transport Briefing, Issue 236, 18 December 2002, p9-10
14. Murray W. A best practice process for fleet safety training. Paper presented at the Developing safer drivers and riders conference, Brisbane, 21-23 July 2002
13. Hansen R and Murray W. Work-Related Road Trauma and Fleet Risk Management in Australia 2002, Travelsafe Conference proceedings CD-ROM. Australian Transport Safety Bureau: Canberra
12. Murray W, Whiteing T and Bamford C. Managing occupational road risk in SME organisations. Paper published in the proceedings of the RoSPA Safer driving – the road to success 67th Road Safety Congress, Stratford upon Avon, 4-6 March 2002
11. Murray W, Coyle M and Whiteing T. Fuel saving interventions: facts and fiction. Paper presented at the BTAC Consult 2002 Conference, 5 March 2002
10. Murray W, Whiteing T, Coyle M, and Bamford C. In the Wake of the Autumn 2000 Fuel Crisis: How can Road Freight and Logistics Operators Economise on Fuel Consumption? Paper presented at the 34th Universities Transport Study Group Annual Conference, Napier University, 3-5 January 2002
9. Dubens E and Murray W. Driver assessment including the use of interactive CDs Paper presented at the 9th World Conference on Transportation Research, Seoul, 24-27 July 2001
8. Murray W. Auditing the safety of vehicles backing-up (reversing) Paper presented at the 9th World Conference on Transportation Research, Seoul, 24-27 July 2001
7. Dubens E and Murray W. Creating a crash-free culture®, 2000, 4Di, Brighouse, UK
6. Murray W and Philips J. Agency drivers – good practice for managing agency and temporary drivers. Croner Road Transport Operation: Employment Law, April 1999, p5-241 to 5-248
5. Murray W and Whiteing T. Reducing commercial vehicle accidents through accident databases, Logistics Information Management, 18 (3) 1995, p22-29
4. McCorry B and Murray W. Reducing commercial vehicle road accidents. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 1993, Vol 23 (4), p35-41
3. Murray W. Transport, distribution and the environment. Focus, Vol 12 (2), March 1993, p10-14
2. Murray W. Computerised scheduling of cars used as delivery vans – A Case. Focus, June 1992, Vol 11(5), p27-31
1. Murray W. The distribution manager and the environment. Focus, Vol 10 (1), January 1991, p20-23